In an effort to make it easier for businesses to connect with potential customers, Google has rolled out a revamped version of their Google My Business mobile app. In 2018, people do their searching for businesses and stores online. Whether it’s a new place to eat, shop, or visit, they rely on Google to help them find what they are looking for. The search engine leviathan claims to connect consumers with local businesses more than 9 billion times each month, including more than a billion phone calls and three billion direction requests. Google hopes to simplify these connections, making them even more effortless through their redesigned Google My Business app.
The free, easy-to-use tool—originally released in 2014—was designed to help small business owners grow their companies by enabling them to reach more people online and easily connect with them. By revamping the app, Google hopes to make it make it easier for businesses to turn searchers into customers. Some of the upgrades to the Google My Business app include:
• A new Post button that enables businesses to upload content such as photos, events, and offers that will appear in their followers’ For You tab in Google Maps to foster a community around their company.
• Moving their profile results to the home screen, making it easier for businesses to see how many people find and connect with them through their Business Profile on Google. This tab will display analytics for clicks, calls, follows, and direction requests.
• A new Customers tab that shows all of a business’s followers in one place. From this tab, you can respond to reviews and exchange messages with customers.
• The Business Profile, where you can make edits to the information displayed for your company on a Google Search and Google Maps.
• Real-time notifications informing you when a someone connects with your business via Google.
Managed Services Providers (MSPs) should be taking advantage of local SEO to gain a competitive advantage in their local market. The Google My Business app facelift and updates are designed to make it easier for you to excel at this essential marketing strategy. For help with your dealership’s local SEO or any other digital marketing initiatives, contact Evolved Office today to learn more about how we can get MSPs to the top of Google search results.